ignou bsw admission 2017, ignou bsw online admission 2017, ba in social work from ignou, bachelor of social work ignou, ignou bachelor of social work, bsw from ignou, ignou bsw admission fee:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites applications from the learners all over the country for admission to its Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) programme for January as well as July session every year. It comes under the School of Social Work (SOSW). The IGNOU BSW admission is provided under IGNOU Walk-In admission scheme. In this scheme, the learners can apply for admission to this programme in any of the two academic sessions.
The students who have completed their Bachelor Degree can apply for admission in both January or July academic cycle to pursue their Master Degree in Social Work. To become eligible for bachelor degree to be awarded, the student should complete all the required semester courses.
IGNOU BSW Admission:
The learners from all over the country can apply for admission to this programme via two modes of admission i.e. Online or Offline. The details about both the mode of admission to IGNOU Bachelor of Social Work has been mentioned below:
- In the Offline mode of admission, the students need to first of all download the Common prospectus and admission application form from the University official website at http://www.ignou.ac.in or they can obtain it from the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre. They need to submit the filled-in application form for IGNOU BSW admission along with the programme fee in the form of Demand Draft (DD) to their respected Regional Centre.
- In the Online mode of admission, the students need to visit the IGNOU Online Admission website at https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/. They need to register themselves at the website and follow the general instructions to enroll them for BA in Social Work programme. The students have to upload the required documents while filling up the IGNOU BSW Online Admission Form. Also, they can pay the admission fee for this programme online via using their Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
- IGNOU Admission Notification
- IGNOU Prospectus (Common Prospectus)
- IGNOU Date Sheet
- IGNOU Exam Form
- IGNOU Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU Previous Year Question Papers
- IGNOU Result
- IGNOU Grade Card
Last Date of IGNOU BSW Admission:
The last date to apply for admission to IGNOU BA(Social Work) or submitting the application form to the concerned Regional Centre can be checked from the latest admission notification available on the university official website. The last date for admission to Economics programme will be different for January and July academic sessions. The students can find the latest admission notification on the university website at following path : www.ignou.ac.in> Student Zone> Admission Announcement. The university also publishes the latest admission notifications in the local daily newspapers.
Note: The candidates seeking admission to IGNOU BSW has been advised to check the university official website for latest admission notification, last date, etc.
IGNOU BSW Prospectus:
The learners can obtain the hard copy of the “Student Handbook and Prospectus” for BSW programme from their nearest IGNOU Regional Centers or Study Centers of the university by submitting the fee of Rs.200/- at the Cash Counters. The Common prospectus contains the complete detail about the BSW programme and it also includes various forms which would be required for the completion of studies such as Term End Examination, Re-Registration, Revaluation, Change of Study Centre, Course, etc.
The students can also order prospectus via post as well by sending Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “Registrar, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi,110068”. The prospectus will be sent to students only after the receiving of Demand Draft by the university.
The IGNOU Bachelor of Social Work programme has been designed for those learners who wants to make their career in the field of Social work. The people who are more interested in helping others in need can choose this course as their professional career. Once you get the professional degree in Social Work then you will be able to work for socially relevant areas such as health care, community development, education, industry, counseling, family, correction, social defense, women, children, disability etc. After completing the bachelor degree, they can take admission to Master Degree in Social Work or Master Degree in Social Work (Counselling).
The other details about the programme such as admission eligibility, fee structure, etc has been mentioned below:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility: The candidates should be having 10+2 or its equivalent qualification or BPP from IGNOU.
- Fee Structure: The candidates need to pay the total fee of Rs. 12,000/- for the complete discipline which has to be paid @Rs 4000/- per year during the admission and re-registration process.
- Duration of Programme : The university provides the minimum duration of three years to the students to clear all the Bachelor of Social Work courses during the study. But the university allows the students to clear the programme within a maximum duration of six years.
Programme Coordinator Contact Details:
- Name: Dr. Sayantani Guin
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone no: 011-29571697
IGNOU BSW Solved Assignments:
The students who take admission in this programme have to complete the tutor marked assignments and submit it to the related study centre. The assignments constitute 30% marks and term end theory exam constitutes the remaining 70% marks. So, to score good percentage of marks, as a result, you need to make good solved assignments of IGNOU BSW programme and submit it to the study centre. The students need to submit the solved assignment for each theory course for which the assignment question papers can be downloadable from the university official website.
IGNOU BSW Courses & Syllabus :
It consists of a total of 13 courses with a total number of credits equal to 96 where 1 credit is equivalent to 30 study hours. The students who are pursuing this programme need to register themselves for the 1st and second-year courses respectively, irrespective of their results whether they pass or fail. The Students can check the IGNOU BSW syllabus from university website or in prospectus also. We have mentioned below the detail about the Course Code, Name, and Credits:
IGNOU BSW 1st Year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BSWE-1||Introduction to social Work||8|
|BSWL-1*||Social Work Practicum-I||8|
|BSHF 101||Foundation Course in Humanities & Social Sciences||8|
|FEG-1||Foundation Course in English-1||4|
|Modern Indian Language (Choose any one)|
|FEG 2||Foundation Course in English-2||4|
|FAS 1||Foundation Course in Assamese||4|
|FBG 1||Foundation Course in Bengali||4|
|FTG 1||Foundation Course in Gujarati||4|
|BHDF 101||Foundation Course in Hindi||4|
|FKD 1||Foundation Course in Kannada||4|
|FML 1||Foundation Course in Malayalam||4|
|FMT 1||Foundation Course in Marathi||4|
|FOR 1||Foundation Course in Oriya||4|
|FPB 1||Foundation Course in Punjabi||8|
|FTM 1||Foundation Course in Tamil||4|
|FTG 1||Foundation Course in Telugu||4|
|FUD 1||Foundation Course in Urdu||4|
IGNOU BSW 2nd year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BSWE-002||Social Work Intervention with Individuals and Groups (Theory)||8|
|BSWL-002*||Social Work Practicum-II (Practical)||8|
|BSWE-004||Introduction to Family Education||8|
|FST-1||Foundation Course in Science and Technology||8|
IGNOU BSW 3rd year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BSWE-003||Social Work Intervention with communities and Institutions||8|
|BSWL-003*||Social Work Practicum-III (Practical)||8|
|BSWE-005||Introduction to HIV/AIDS||8|
|BSWE-006||Substance Abuse and Counselling||8|
* These are the practical courses which students need to complete to obtain the bachelor degree in social work. The learners need to successfully complete the first year practical courses to take up practical for the second year. Same is applicable for second year to third year.