ignou m.ed admission 2016, ignou m.ed prospectus 2016, ignou m.ed entrance form 2016, ignou med entrance exam 2015, ignou master of education admission 2016: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has invited the applications from the candidates all over the country for admission to its Master of Education(M.Ed.) programme for the academic year 2016. Unlike the other disciplines, the university offers admission to M.Ed discipline once in a year i.e. during the January session. The IGNOU Master of Education programme comes under the School of Education (SOE) and has been recognized and jointly developed by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and Distance Education Council(DEC).
Objective of M.Ed Programme : It is a professional master degree programme in the field of education which has been introduced with the main objective to focus on extensive and integrated professional development of teachers and other personnel engaged in educational management and administration. It will help in changing the global socio-economic concerns, organizing the education in the country, preparing them to meet the challanges of 21st century. It provides great opportunity for the In-service graduate / postgraduate teachers with B.Ed. degree to do the higher studies.
IGNOU M.Ed Admission Procedure: The university conducts the entrance examination to shortlist candidates for admission to its M.Ed discipline. The M.Ed entrance examination is usually conducted in the month of August every year but it may vary as per the advertisement published by university. Every year, the university publish the advertisement in the local daily newspapers and on the official website in the months of June-July for admission to M.Ed course. The students can download the IGNOU M.Ed Prospectus January 2016 in both English and Hindi language from the university official website www.ignou.ac.in as soon as it will be available. The students can obtain the IGNOU M.Ed Entrance cum Admission form from the prospectus itself. To know about the last date to submit filled-in application form to the nearby Regional Centre, please check the latest advertisement published by university.It is to be noted that the form sent to any other department of university will not be entertained.The candidates can obtain the hard copy of prospectus from the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre by paying a fee of Rs. 1000/-(Including Registration Fee) in cash at counter. The candidates can also obtain the prospectus via post from the Registrar (SRD), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi- 110068 by paying a fee Rs. 1050/- in the form of Demand Draft/IPO in favour of IGNOU, payable at New Delhi/city of Regional Centre concerned.
We have mentioned below the complete details about the programme such as eligibility criteria, age requirement, medium, etc. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: At present, the programme has been offered by university in English medium only but in the near furure it wll be available in Hindi as well. But the students are allowed to write their assignments and Term End Examinations in Hindi as well.
- Admission Eligibility: The candidates seeking admission to this discipline should be have completed the B.Ed with 55% marks, 2 years of teaching/professional experience after completion of B.Ed programme in a Government/Government recognized School /NCTE recognized teacher education/research institution in education. The cut-off date for teaching/ professional experience will be the last date of submission of filled-in application form. The SC/ST/OBC and other category candidates shall be provided with reservation as per the rules of the Central Government/ State Government, whichever is applicable. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favor of SC/ST/OBC and other categories of candidates.Please check the prospectus for complete details.
- Programme Fee: The candidates need to pay the total fee of Rs. 40,000/- for the complete programme during the admission process. The applicants are advised not to pay the programme fee along with the submission of filled-in application form. After qualifying the entrance examination, they will be informed about their admission process and payment of fee. They need to pay the fee in the form of Demand Draft(DD) drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at the city where your Regional Centre is located. Note: The candidates should write their Name and Programme in capital letters on the back of the Demand Draft to make sure that fee should properly credit to the relevant account.
- Programme Duration: The university provides the minimum duration of two years to the students to clear all the M.Ed courses during the study. But the university allows the students to clear all the courses within a maximum duration of four years.
- Age Requirement: There is no minimum or maximum age bar.
IGNOU M.Ed Admission : The admission to this programme is provided purely on the basis of merit score obtained by candidates in the entrance test conducted by university all over India. To apply for admission and entrance test, the candidates need to fill up the IGNOU M.Ed Entrance Form and submit the filled-in application form along with attested copies of required documents (mentioned in Entrance-cum-Admission Form) to their nearby IGNOU Regional Centres. The candidates should not submit their original documents at this stage as they will be asked to submit their original documents later after receiving offer letter for admission. It is advised to all the applicants that they should carefully read the instructions while filling up their Entrance cum Admission form because in case of wrong information filled in the form, the students will not be provided the admission. Also, the candidates will not be allowed to change their category code after the submission of application form.
IGNOU M.Ed. Entrance Test: The pattern of M.Ed. entrance examination is objective type where the total no. of questions is 100 with maximum marks as 100. The duration of entrance exam is 120 minutes.The candidates can check the date of entrance examination on the latest advertisement published by university on its official website. It is to be noted that merely appearing in the entrance test does not mean that the candidate is eligible for admission to this programme. The admission will be purely on the basis of the rank obtained by candidates in the entrance examination and production of proof of their eligibility at the time of last date of submission of application for admission to M.Ed discipline alongwith original certificates and programme fee. The number of seats for this programme per PSC is limited to 100 only. The university reserves the right to conduct the examination at different centres/change the examination centre of the candidates without assigning any reason thereof.
IGNOU M.Ed Entrance Hall Ticket 2015 : The university send the IGNOU Master of Education(M.Ed) Entrance admit card to the applicants at their communication address via post as well. In case, if any candidate do not receive his or her hall ticket by post, he or she can download it from the website at www.ignou.ac.in to appear in the entrance examination.The applicants will able to download the Hall ticket/ admit card from the university website ten days before the date of examination.
IGNOU M.Ed Entrance Result 2015: As per the guidelines, the university declares the M.Ed Entrance Test result usually after one and half month from the date of examination. So, it will be the case for this year also for declaration of result. The university may take less or more time for result declaration.The candidates will be able to check their result on the university website whenever it will be declared.
IGNOU M.Ed Assignments : During the studies, the students need to submit the IGNOU M.Ed Solved Assignments for each theory course.The assignment question papers can be downloaded from the university official website. The assignments constitutes 30% of total marks for any particular course. The students need to submit the solved assignments at their respective Study Centre as per the submission schedule provided in the assignment booklet.
IGNOU M.Ed Courses & Syllabus : The university has provided the IGNOU M.Ed syllabus 2016 in the form of PDF file on its website. We have provided below the various courses (name, code, credits) that students need to study in the first and second year.These are as follows:
IGNOU M.Ed. 1st Year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MES-051||Education : Philosophical and Sociological Perspectives||6|
|MES-052||Psychology of Learning and Teaching||6|
|MES-053||Educational Management, Planning and Finance||6|
|MES-054||Methodology of Educational Research||6|
|Optional (Choose any one course out of the following)|
|MESE-057||Measurement and Evaluation in Education||6|
|MESE-058||Educational and Vocational Guidance and Counselling||6|
|MESE-059||Teacher Education in India : Growth and Development||6|
IGNOU M.Ed. 2nd Year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MES-055||Comparative Education : National and International Perspectives||6|
|Optional (Choose any one course out of the following)|
|MESE-060||Curriculum Development and Transaction||6|
|MESE-061||Open and Distance Learning Systems||6|
|MESE-064||Special Needs Education||6|
|MESE-066||Information Technology and Education||6|
In Case of any query related to Master of Education (M.Ed) programme, please contact the university at below mentioned contact details:
- Address: Regional Director, Student Service Centre(SSC), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi -110068,
- E-mail Id: email@example.com
- Telephone: 011-29535714
Important Links :
- IGNOU M.Ed Prospectus 2016 (in English) (Not Available Yet)
- IGNOU M.Ed Prospectus 2016 (in Hindi) (Not Available Yet)
- IGNOU M.Ed Entrance Test Form 2015 (Not Available Yet)