ignou ma anthropology admission 2017, ignou ma anthropology online admission 2017:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University invites applications from the learners all over the country for admission to its Master of Arts in Anthropology(MAAN) programme for January as well as July session every year. It comes under the School of Social Sciences (SOSS). The IGNOU MA Anthropology admission is provided under Walk-In admission scheme of the university. In this scheme, the learners can apply for admission to this programme in any of the two academic sessions.
The students who have completed their Bachelor Degree can apply for admission in both January or July academic cycle to pursue their Master Degree in Anthropology.To become eligible for the master degree to be awarded, the student should complete all the required first-year and second-year courses.
IGNOU MA(Anthropology) Admission:
The learners from all over the country can apply for admission to this programme via two modes of admission i.e. Online or Offline. The details about both the mode of admission to IGNOU MA(Anthropology) has been mentioned below:
- In the Offline mode of admission, the students need to first of all download the Common prospectus and admission application form from the University official website at http://www.ignou.ac.in or they can obtain it from the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre. They need to submit the filled-in application form for IGNOU MA(Anthropology) admission along with the programme fee in the form of Demand Draft (DD) to their respected Regional Centre.
- In the Online mode of admission, the students need to visit the IGNOU Online Admission website at https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/. They need to register themselves at the website and follow the general instructions to enroll them for MAAN programme. The students have to upload the required documents while filling up the IGNOU MA(Anthropology) Online Admission form. Also, they can pay the admission fee for this programme online via using their Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
Last Date of IGNOU MA(Anthropology) Admission:
The last date to apply for admission or submitting the application form to the concerned Regional Centre can be checked from the latest admission notification available on the university official website. The last date will be different for January and July academic sessions. The students can find the latest admission notification on the university website at following path : www.ignou.ac.in> Student Zone> Admission Announcement. The university also publishes the latest admission notifications in the local daily newspapers.
Note: The candidates seeking admission to IGNOU MA(Anthropology) has been advised to check the university official website for latest admission notification, last date, etc.
IGNOU MA(Anthropology) Prospectus:
The learners can obtain the hard copy of the “Student Handbook and Prospectus” for MA(Anthropology) programme from their nearest IGNOU Regional Centers or Study Centers of the university by submitting the fee of Rs.200/- at the Cash Counters. The Common prospectus contains the complete detail about the MA(Anthropology)(MAAN) programme and it also includes various forms which would be required for the completion of studies such as Term End Examination, Re-Registration, Revaluation, Change of Study Centre, Course, etc.
The students can also order IGNOU prospectus via post as well by sending Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “Registrar, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi,110068”. The prospectus will be sent to students only after the receiving of Demand Draft by the university.
The IGNOU MA(Anthropology) programme has been designed to provide the learners with sound knowledge and quality education to study human beings in time and space. It is based on an integrated approach to the subject incorporating insights from physical, social and archaeological anthropology.It also provides an opportunity for the learners who have completed their graduation and desires to pursue their Master Degree in this field. It also aims at developing trained professional anthropologists in academic and research institutes, NGO’s, government organizations, health sectors and applied sciences.
The other details about IGNOU MA Anthropology admission eligibility, fee structure, etc has been mentioned below:
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Admission Eligibility: The candidates should be having Bachelor or higher degree from a recognized university.
- Fee Structure: The candidates need to pay the total fee of Rs. 14,000/- for the complete discipline which has to be paid @Rs 7,000/- per year during the admission and re-registration process.
- Duration of Programme : The university provides the minimum duration of two years to the students to clear all the MA(Anthropology)(MAAN) courses during the study. But the university allows the students to clear the programme within a maximum duration of five years.
Programme Coordinator Contact Details:
- Name: Dr. Rashmi Sinha
- Email Id: email@example.com
- Phone no: 011-29572775
IGNOU MA(Anthropology)(MAAN) Courses & Syllabus :
It consists of 8 courses with a total number of credits equal to 64 where 1 credit is equivalent to 30 study hours. The students who are pursuing this programme need to register themselves for the 1st and second-year courses respectively, irrespective of their results whether they pass or fail. The Students can check the IGNOU MA(Anthropology)(MAAN) syllabus from university website or in prospectus also. We have mentioned below the detail about the Course Code, Name, and Credits:
IGNOU MA Anthropology First Year Courses
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MANI-1||Anthropology and Methods of Research (Theory & Project)||8|
|MANI-2||Physical Anthropology (Theory & Practical)||8|
|MAN-1||Social Anthropology (Theory)||8|
|MAN-2||Archaeological Anthropology (Theory)||8|
IGNOU MA Anthropology Second Year Courses
|MANP-1||Field Work Dissertation||8|
|MANI-3||Practicing Anthropology (Theory & Practical)||8|
|Elective Courses (Choose any 2 only)|
|MANE-2||Human Growth and Development||8|
|MANE-4||Gender and Society||8|