ignou mgps admission 2017, ignou mgps online admission 2017, ma in gandhi and peace studies from ignou, ignou mgps syllabus, ignou mgps grade card:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites applications from the learners all over the country for admission to its Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies(MGPS) programme for January as well as July session every year. It comes under the School of Social Sciences (SOSS). The admission to MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) programme has been provided under IGNOU Walk-In admission scheme. In this scheme, the learners can apply for admission to this programme in any of the two academic sessions.
The students who have completed their Bachelor Degree can apply for admission in both January or July academic cycle to pursue their Master Degree in Gandhi and Peace Studies.To become eligible for a master degree to be awarded, the student should complete all the required first-year and second-year courses.
IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) Admission:
The learners from all over the country can apply for admission to this programme via two modes of admission i.e. Online or Offline. The details about both the mode of admission to IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) has been mentioned below:
- In the Offline mode of admission, the students need to first of all download the Common prospectus and admission application form from the University official website at http://www.ignou.ac.in or they can obtain it from the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre. They need to submit the filled-in application form for IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) admission along with the programme fee in the form of Demand Draft (DD) to their respected Regional Centre.
- In the Online mode of admission, the students need to visit the IGNOU Online Admission website at https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/. They need to register themselves at the website and follow the general instructions to enrol them for MGPS programme. The students have to upload the required documents while filling up the IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) Online Admission form. Also, they can pay the admission fee for this programme online via using their Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
Last Date of IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) Admission:
The last date to apply for admission or submitting the application form to the concerned Regional Centre can be checked from the latest admission notification available on the university official website. The last date will be different for January and July academic sessions. The students can find the latest admission notification on the university website at following path : www.ignou.ac.in> Student Zone> Admission Announcement. The university also publishes the latest admission notifications in the local daily newspapers.
Note: The candidates seeking admission to IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) has been advised to check the university official website for latest admission notification, last date, etc.
- IGNOU Admission Notification
- IGNOU Prospectus (Common Prospectus)
- IGNOU Date Sheet
- IGNOU Exam Form
- IGNOU Previous Year Question Papers
- IGNOU Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU Result
- IGNOU Grade Card
IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) Prospectus:
The learners can obtain the hard copy of the “Student Handbook and Prospectus” for MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) programme from their nearest IGNOU Regional Centers or Study Centers of the university by submitting the fee of Rs.200/- at the Cash Counters. The Common prospectus contains the complete detail about the MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies)(MGPS) programme and it also includes various forms which would be required for the completion of studies such as Term End Examination, Re-Registration, Revaluation, Change of Study Centre, Course, etc. The students can also order prospectus via post as well by sending Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “Registrar, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi,110068”. The prospectus will be sent to students only after the receiving of Demand Draft by the university.
The IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies) programme has been designed to provide the learners with sound knowledge and quality education to study at post-graduate level in theoretical and applied Gandhian & Studies Peace. It also provides an opportunity for the learners who have completed their graduation and desires to pursue their Master Degree in this field
The other details about the programme such as admission eligibility, fee structure, etc has been mentioned below:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility: The candidates should be having Bachelor or higher degree from a recognized university.
- Fee Structure: The candidates need to pay the total fee of Rs. 9,000/- for the complete discipline which has to be paid @Rs 4,500/- per year during the admission and re-registration process.
- Duration of Programme : The university provides the minimum duration of two years to the students to clear all the MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies)(MGPS) courses during the study. But the university allows the students to clear the programme within a maximum duration of five years.
Programme Coordinatiors Contact Details:
- Name: Prof. D. Gopal
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone no: 011-29572704/29535515
IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies)(MGPS) Courses & Syllabus :
It consists of total of 17 courses with total number of credits equal to 64 where 1 credit is equivalent to 30 study hours. The students who are pursuing this programme need to register themselves for the 1st and second year courses respectively, irrespective of their results whether they pass or fail. The Students can check the IGNOU MA(Gandhi and Peace Studies)(MGPS) syllabus from university website or in prospectus also. We have mentioned below the detail about the Course Code, Name and Credits:
IGNOU MGPS First Year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MGP-01||Gandhi: The Man and His Times||4|
|MGP-02||Philosophy of Gandhi||4|
|MGP-03||Gandhi’s Social Thought||4|
|MGP-04||Gandhi’s Political Thought||4|
|MGPE-06||Gandhi’s Economic Thought||4|
|MGPE-07||Non-violent Movements after Gandhi||4|
|MGPE-09||Gandhi in the 21st Century||4|
|MGPE-14||Gandhi, Ecology and Sustainable Development||4|
IGNOU MGPS Second Year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MGP-05||Introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution||4|
|MGPE-08||Gandhi Approach to Peace and Conflict Resolutions||4|
|MGPE-10||Conflict Management, Transformation and Peace Building||4|
|MGPE-12||Women and Peace||4|
|MGPE-13||Civil Society, Political Regimes and Conflict||4|
|MGPE-15||Introduction to Research Methods||4|
|MGPE-16||Human Rights: Indian Perspective||4|
*Project Work : It is optional and the students may be taken up in lieu of two 4 credit courses.